This Fact Sheet has been developed to assist RTOs in understanding the transition and teach out arrangements outlined in Clause 1.26 of the Standards for Registered Training Organisation (RTOs) 2015.
This Fact Sheet describes an RTO's options and obligations where there have been changes in training products listed on training.gov.au. The changes may be of two types:
- A training product is superseded by a new version of the training product, for example a new version of a qualification, skill set or unit of competency (see below): or
- A training product has been removed or deleted and has not been replaced by an equivalent training product. Different rules apply to teach out times for a qualification or accredited course and for a skill set or unit or competency (see following page).
Superseded Qualifications, Accredited Courses, Skill Sets and Units – Clause 1.26(a):
Within one year of the replacement training product being released on training.gov.au, all students enrolled in the superseded training product must be either:
- transferred to the current training product; or
- complete and receive certification.
When a training product has been superseded and replaced by a new training product, RTOs are able to continue to enrol students into the superseded training product for one year from the replacement training product being released on training.gov.au.
Please note that these students must still be either transferred into the current training product or complete and receive certification within one year of the replacement training product released on training.gov.au.
One year from the date the replacement training product is released on training.gov.au, RTOs must not:
- enrol any new learners in this training product; or
- conduct any training in this training product; or
- issue certification for this training product (except for when a replacement is required for certificates that have already been issued).
All superseded training products will be removed from the RTOs scope of registration by the Training Accreditation Council one year from the date the replacement training product is released on training.gov.au.
|The requirements specified in Clause 1.26(a) do not apply where a training package requires the delivery of a superseded unit of competency, for example a listed imported unit.|
RTOs registered by TAC must apply Clause 1.26 of the Standards for RTOs for transition of that learner, except where a longer transition period is approved by TAC.
Requests for longer transition periods:
- will only be accepted from RTOs or industry groups (not learners);
- must be for a specific training product or products, for a specific cohort of learners (e.g. plumbing apprentices currently enrolled in a specific qualification that has been superseded);
- must demonstrate that the cohort of learners would be genuinely disadvantaged if the application were not approved; and
- must be accompanied by evidence of support from the Skills Service Organisation of the training product and where applicable, support from the State Training Authority (e.g. where trainees/apprentices are affected) and the Department of Education (where school students are affected).
If a request for a longer transition period is approved, the approval will be released on the TAC website. The arrangement will apply to all RTOs delivering that training product to that learner cohort, regardless of who made the request.
Requests should be sent to Manager Regulation, TAC Secretariat at email@example.com.
14/06/2021 12:23 PM